Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Holistic methods can include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual healing
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Treating Addiction Using Holistic Therapy
Holistic systems of treatment include customer-specific, non-medicinal programs to overcome addiction. Apart from helping to deal with poor nutrition and emotional imbalances, holistic therapies help to treat the physical and psychological issues brought on by addiction.
A recovering drug user may be experiencing lack of sleep, emotional problems and many other problems that can be treated using holistic therapy. Holistic therapy treatment plans are individualized and easy to follow.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Identifying the underlying causes of the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Reducing the appeal of drugs and/or alcohol abuse
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
The main practices involve
- Nutritive Treatment
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- Different types of activities are offered including; rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding, or hiking.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- This therapy technique also seeks to relax the body muscles through massage.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically supervised detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Private psychiatric counselling
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction TreatmentMost holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments.
There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Welcome to call us on 0800 246 1509 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.