Getting Counselling For Addiction
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. No one understands your drug or alcohol addiction, is a time tested truth the addicted knows. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 in case you need assistance to find a therapy program that offers addiction counselling services that are perfect for you.
Professional counselling and therapy which form part of the ongoing therapy program includes doctor's prescription drugs to speed up recovery process.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
With the assistance of an addiction counsellor, you can start to set up what truly led you to turn to opiates or alcohol, recognize potential triggers and build a durable program to keep up your sobriety.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group sessions are venues where both the patient and the family or loved ones are educated about contributing factors to addiction. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
- Treatment programs providing unbiased emotional.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Periodic drug testing.
- Depending on your health requirements, advisers set therapy scheme for the purpose of your recovery.
- Based on the care available to you a aftercare program will be created.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of An Effective Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. This section of the treatment is important since, without diagnosing the latent issue, a durable recovery is not probable.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This allows the patient to be aware of his or her thoughts and actions that lead to certain behaviours.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Those suffering two different type of illness are treated with DBT, and one of its major functions is to restore the courage of the patient and grant the victim strength to withstand tough health challenges.
- DBT promotes effective communication skills and improves self-image and grants patients with Borderline Personality Disorder and poor eating habits a good head start.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These therapeutic approaches focus on conscious and subconscious manipulation and change often involving relaxation mastery.
- The patient is taught to direct themselves into a state of calmness or tranquillity and uses visualization or meditation to manage the stressors.
- Holistic Therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- The hidden problems and feelings of the patients are disclosed through this means unlike the traditional treatment method that somewhat make it hard for them to disclose their hidden problems.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Why Do I Need Dependency Therapy
It can be attractive to consider that you don't need to go over the work and energy needed for addiction counselling.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.