FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Recognising addiction and focusing on going to a recovery program can overwhelm initial phases in the journey to recover. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
What Is Addiction Rehab?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detoxification A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Aftercare As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. This could consist of some combination of continuous therapy, support groups, and arrangements for sober living arrangements, when required.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
Rehabilitation programme has no mapped out duration for everyone. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
According to reliable sources, an extended sober period is easily achieved by people who undergo treatment for three months of more. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
A relapse is not a failure but a challenge to confront and overcome during the journey to recovery. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. While rehab can help you learn how to cope and build the necessary skills to stay sober, you are the only person who can manage your addiction.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. Issues of increased staff to patients' ratio, custom made amenities, and added services make the high-end luxury programs to be costlier.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
Countless factors can influence a rehab's cost, such as
- Facilities available - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Duration of the programme - The length of stay is what primarily affects the cost of the program. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Geographical Area - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- Type of program - Since the patient lives in an inpatient facility which is staffed with medical professionals around the clock, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." Dependency can be expensive because of
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Time off work or loss of job
- Legal penalty fees
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. However, the facility in question will determine whether to accept the insurance or not. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Numerous people looking for recovery go to a recovery office far from their home. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
The most intensive treatment programme is the inpatient programme, where patients are given round the clock 100% chance to concentrate on their healing. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. People with short term, less serious and limited addictions will find this more appropriate, and their duties at home and work will not suffer.
Outpatient services may differ. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Let our recovery arrangement agent's answer any inquiries you may have with a specific end goal to help you choose what sort of fixation recovery office bodes well for you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. In the event that you are battling with a substance misuse issue, it is conceivable that your supervisor may effectively presume it. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. Termination of an employer's contract because they are undergoing addiction treatment is also prohibited by law.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP) Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities There is also a system where the executive rehab centres will offer you a luxurious 24-hour programme that will also allow you to continue your work if it is imperative that you work while receiving treatment.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury treatment has a lot of amenities and upscale surrounding when compared to a basic rehab centre. They're usually in secluded areas with maximum privacy. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
When under pressure to look for a suitable rehab facility, it may seem like a daunting task, but, there is help available to see you through and answer your queries along the way. In case you aren't sure what sort of treatment program is ideal for you or a friend or family member and might want to examine recovery and recuperation alternatives support, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk with a recovery solution agent.