NHS Or Private Rehab?
Most people prefer private residential rehab treatment for individual privacy and confidentiality. In most cases, admission can be performed within a day. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
Who Can Apply With The NHS For Treatment Funding?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You may need to demonstrate that you have investigated local community based treatment choices, first you must qualify to meet all requirements for NHS financing at a private recovery facility. Depending on the willingness of your local addiction team to fund your treatment accessing residential rehab may take a number of weeks.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Pros And Cons
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Admission speed - sometimes as fast as 24 hours;
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients will usually have the same therapist/staff caring for them.
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- Recovery is helped along due to therapeutic community that creates powerful bonds with doctors and other addicts;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Additional therapies are often provided like gym and fitness, art therapy, horse riding etc.;
- Programme of aftercare;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- It doesn't cost anything;
- Easily reachable to anyone;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Might not be referred to residential treatment;
- In case of different treatments, patients may be asked to go to different clinics/centres.
- Recovery is influenced by easy exposure to drugs and alcohol accessibility during treatment;
- There is a limited access to the personal specialist
- You may not have the same staff or same therapist during your rehabilitation process;
- In order to build an outpatient support network it may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Alternative Cross Border Rehab
Securing admission into residential private rehab clinics in UK through NHS or local community addiction services could take months and the outcome is not definite. Similar admission process into residential private rehab is fast and efficient through EU cross border healthcare authority support initiative program.
All UK patients are requested to take benefit from this service and get more information on Alcohol Rehab Derby site.