Lowering Your Alcohol Intake A Few Tricks In Derby Is Easy Join Alcohol Rehab Derby
You should use the following advice when you frequently consume over fourteen units of alcohol in a week.
You must understand that 14 units are equal to 6 pints of average strength beer or 10 small glasses of wine with a low potency.
- Have a plan - Decide how much you're going to drink before you start drinking.
- Plan your expenditure - When going out to drink, have a specific amount of money with you.
- Inform them - Your friends and relatives will assist you, but only when you inform them of your decision to reduce the volume of alcohol you consume.
- Work gradually - Reduce your daily dosage.
- Make each day a milestone with this approach.
- Make your drinks smaller - the size of the drink does not matter because you can still enjoy what you are having.
- Instead of a big wine glass, try taking a smaller one instead or bottled alcoholic beverages, not pints.
- Take lesser dosage of alcohol - Go for beers with less volume of alcohol over higher ones (ABV in %).
- Check the bottles for details about their alcoholic content.
- Drink lots of water - Cultivate the habit of taking water before drinking alcohol and learn to choose soft drinks or water over alcohol.
- Take a day off - Pick one day out of the week as your "no-drinking day".
If you need more advice and help, you can call us today on the 0800 246 1509.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Benefits Of Cutting Down Drugs Visit Alcohol Rehab Derby
Cutting down will offer the following direct benefits
- A refreshing morning
- Having more energy
- You might get an improvement in the appearance of your skin
- You will begin to feel healthy
- Weight gaining may be halted
Cutting down will offer the following remote gains
Mood - You may feel more anxious or depressed when hangover and there has been a noted connection between depression and heavy drinking. Your mood may generally improve with the cut, because alcoholism normally increases the feeling of sadness and anxiety in people.
Sleep - you may suffer from insomnia due to alcohol consumption. You may not be able to enjoy deep sleep due to drinking and your sleeping patterns may also be distorted even if the alcohol helps you to sleep. You will experience relaxation, especially in the morning, by reducing intake of alcohol.
Behaviour - Your judgement maybe impaired as a result of drinking, leading to strange behaviours. After drinking, you may begin to express violence or agitation. Drinking can cause short term loss of memory while heavy drinking may impair memories in the long term too.
Heart - Your heart may enlarge due to chronic excessive consumption of alcohol. When you quit consuming alcohol, this problem can be prevented from becoming serious, otherwise, there is nothing that can be done to cure it.
Immune Functions - Your immune functions may be encumbered by regular intake of alcohol. Addicts are vulnerable to diseases.